Herbal tea recipes homemade “Love Yourself Beautiful” Homemade Herbal Tea
- 1 teaspoon cut licorice root (heaped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5 cardamom pods
- A good sprinkle of dried rose petals
- 400ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- You can make this in a teapot or a saucepan. It helps if you have a pestle & mortar (although not essential).
- Use a pestle & mortar to crush the licorice root down further (if needed).
- Crush the fennel seeds and cardamom pods.
- If you don't have a pestle & mortar then just crush down with a sharp heavy knife. Or if you can't crush them (or can't be bothered just use more of the herbs instead to get the flavors and properties more).
- Boil some water and put everything together (except the rose petals) in a teapot (or boil together in a saucepan).
- Let everything infuse for up to 10 minutes - add the rose petals a minute before you serve.
- Use a tea strainer to pour.